November 22, 2013

Red Christmas Wreath

I have a thing for wreaths. It is true. My love for them began while I lived in Norman and I still love them. They are fairly inexpensive to make and they can usually be completed in one day. Those are the best kind of crafts in my book. 

I made all of these while I lived in Oklahoma. 

 I dropped this one and it broke it half. Sad day. 


I use this one for 3 weeks out of the year. 


This one melted in the humidity. I'm not kidding. Its' gone. 
If you make this one spray it with a gloss before you hang it outside.

I only made this one to show for a demonstration for Relief Society. 
I ended up taking it apart and returning the bulbs to Hobby Lobby.
 Expensive bulbs were no in our budget. Ha ha. 

I felt like crafting this week, it has been awhile and I saw this idea here and wanted to make it. 

It is a wreath made out of felt and since Christmas is just around the corner I thought it would be perfect. I completed it in one day. I cut the circles out during the morning while watching some of the Today Show and I pinned them on while Cru was taking a long nap. 

Here it is. 

I tried it on my Mom's front door. 
Close up. 
Tutorial with great instructions is here. 

Cru was wondering what his crazy Aunt Laura was doing taking pictures of the front door. 

He is such a sweety. 
He loves his bottle, his blanket and his Granddad. 


I have a few more wreaths I'm keeping on file to make in the future.

Burlap Wreath
Holiday Burlap Wreath--Christmas Burlap Wreath with Red Peony Flowers and Berries. $60.00, via Etsy.

Pearl Wreath
Pearl wreath

Popcorn Wreath
Autumn Popcorn Wreath Tutorial // Cherished Bliss #wreath #tutorial #fall


Easter Egg Wreath
Easter Egg Wreath

Fall Wreath
Fall wreath.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I love your wreaths and I love you! And I miss you! I want to make one of those burlap wreaths, too, or one that looks that only is made with the colorful ribbon stuff...