I took this photo of Lydia about a month or so ago. She had just turned 5. The year is 2013. She asked to watch a DVD and when I made it downstairs to check on she had all her dolls joining her in the fun.
The other night I just happened upon found this polaroid of myself.
The coincidence made my night.
It was taken in 1987 in Calgary.
I was about 4 years old.
I don't remember any of these dolls except for the cabbage patch dolls on the end.
I definitely don't remember that red haired doll but I must have loved it.
I am curious as to what I was listening to on that tape player.
I love that we both had bangs.
And that we both loved dolls.
I think we would have been best friends if we happened to know each other at this age. Don't you?

Do you think we look alike. I don't see it. But I do know that Lydia shares my sense of happiness. We are both fairly happy 99% of the time. We wake up happy and go to bed happy and we try to find good things to enjoy about life all day long every day. I believe happiness is a choice and even though life happens and sometimes it doesn't go as we have planned we can still choose to see the positive.
I would love to peek in on 1987 and see what life was like back then.
PS. I still love wearing stripped shirts. I own way too many of them :)

1 comment:
I love the pictures of you and Lydia with dolls. So cute and you do look alike to me.
Post a Comment