We love having Grandma's piano to play.
I practice playing hymns as often as I can and recently Lydia has been sitting down to try and play as well.
One day she asked me if I would teach her how to play.
I was pleased as punch. Buuuut.....immediately realized I don't know how to teach the piano.
I turned to the internet and quickly became overwhelmed.
Then one day I stumbled across a mothers blog who uses a site called http://www.freepianolessons4kids.com/ to help teach her own children. We checked it out. It linked us to this youtube channel.
It has been really successful so far. The teacher, Mr.Hoffman does lessons, theory, games, teaches notes, tells stories and she learns new songs. It is a great fit for Lydia, for now. She is learning and having a lot of fun. I think it is a great first exposure to the piano. Someday I will obviously get her a real life teacher, but for now this is great.....and FREE.
Now every day, multiple times throughout the day Lydia is here at the piano plunking out little songs that she has learned. She is so proud of herself when she masters a song.
I appreciate her desire to learn new things.
Here is a the first lesson if you want to check it out. How we do it is we put the ipad on the piano music stand, I attach our speakers and off she goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment