We were sound asleep in bed when Mom called to invite us on a morning hike in the mountains with my Aunt Sharan from Guatemala.
We jumped at the chance even though we had lots of chores planned to do that day.
Chores can wait right?
If we didn't go we would have missed out on this!!!
We drove up past Snow Bird to Alta ski resort and hiked up Albion Basin trail to Cecret Lake. It was 1.2 miles each way.
It was breath taking at every turn.
The wild flowers were blooming full force.
Lydia needed lots of little water breaks when we hike.
It gave us a chance to soak in the views.
It was pretty steep on parts of the trail.
Lydia had lots of hands to hold.
We made it to our destination.
Cecrete Lake is a lovely mountain lake.
Dear Lydia: I grew up with 2 wonderful Grandmothers but I never had either of them climb mountains, let alone boulders with me. You are one lucky girl to have such a ambitious, energetic Nana. Love, your Mom
On our way down we passed mountain sides in all directions that were covered in yellow wild flowers.
I love living in such a beautiful part of the world.
And I was so glad that I left those chores to wait for our return.















No comments:
Post a Comment