The dreaded phone call from the Bishopric came for me, no, I didn't have to give a talk in Sacrament meeting. I was being recently released from my calling as Primary chorister. The news came as a surprise to me. Boy did I ever
love that calling!!! It took me a while to digest the news...and a few tears were shed when the the bishop member left my home. There is nothing better then standing in front of a room of beautiful children and hearing them sing out their testimonies of the Savior. I will miss that the most.

I won't miss the stress of coming up with new innovative activities each week, busy Sunday mornings when I changed my plan over and over at the last minute to get them just right or the loads of supplies taking up a lot of space in my bedroom.
They kept me in Primary. My new assignment is the Secretary. I already know and
love the presidency. It is a very different experience behind the scenes. It requires lots of computer and at home work and I already love stuff like that and being home. so all is well. I only took 2 bags to church instead of the average 4-5. :)
Change is not always easy, but that is what happens in our church and although I may not have been 100% ready to let go, I know the children will love a new face and voice teaching them. Lydia will join me in Primary come January so I am so glad wonderful Shannan was called to take my place.
No comments:
Post a Comment