August 6, 2015

Surf part 1

Lydia had a blast trying something new this summer. We found a place that offers surf lessons and signed up with a bunch of our fav friends. On day one it clicked for her. It took her a few tries and then she was up on her feet riding those waves. It was such a cool thing to watch your child do! I was all smiles watching her do this.  

Coach Jo is a great motivator. I have yet to see him surf. But I've heard he's fantastic. 
 Here she is on her knees at first.

 Some days the pool was more crowded than others. The kids line up, get on their boards and paddle out to Coach Jo.
 After the first surfing session the waves get shut off and they do some swim training.


 They practice holding their breath.
The practice swimming under waves and they have paddling races on their boards.
 Then they get some free play time or a break before the last surf session. All of us Moms brought food each week. Surfing is exhausting. Lydia never realized we had snack time. She never once came out of the water until it was time to go. She is a little fish and I was the same way when I was her age. I made sure she got some food on the 25 minute drive home.

 Here are my cute friends. Tandy, Lisa and Becky. Tandy's kids have been in Surf Competitions with the older kids surf team.

 I LOVED watching this sport more than anything. I loved being out in the water either helping catch boards, cheering for these kiddo's or trying to capture all the action.

Little Sophie.



 Sometimes during free play the workers at this resort would bring out fun inflatables.
 Tyson was able to leave work early on week 3 and come and watch her for the last hour.
 Little 3 year old Kate got brave and wanted to get on a board too.
 I loved her trademark tongue.


A lot of Japanese tourist come to this resort for vacation.


Emma and Lydia after a session.

Putting away her board.


Adda girl! 

No comments: