Our weekend around here involved a lot of fun and a lot of Church sponsored activities. Friday night was our monthly sports night. Tyson helps facilitate this and I help where I can. We played basketball, volley ball, board games....and it is always a good time. The purpose of it is for the missionaries to invite new members or people investigating the church.
This is Yaya (2), Peekaboo (4) and Marsaleen (7). They live really close to us and they always want to come play at the church on sports night. I bring nail polish or coloring books for them. They are sweet hearts. I love them and their entire family.
Tyson and I lost at Sequence and we hate to lose. Ha ha.
Saturday night was a Ward Mystery dinner. It was AMAZING! The time, talent and effort that went into it were mind blowing. Sister Miller, a lady in our ward wrote the script, supplied the costumes, decorated the tables and the entire cultural hall to look like an opera house in Paris. It was phenomenal. I can only imagine that her home resembles a Hobby Lobby because I have never seen so much STUFF come from one's persons stash.
I played the roll of the maid and Tyson was a camera man. We are pretty pitiful actors. I messed up way to much but my scream was pretty epic. People are still talking about it. It was intense and girly and announced to everyone in the dark room that someone was murdered.
Meet Johnny. I have so much to say about Johnny. He deserves his own post because Tyson and I are pretty much in love with this kiddo. He stole a place in our hearts quick. I will write more soon. Just know that he's amazing and we love him and when you learn more about him you will love him too.
On our way home from Johnny's house we stopped to check out this banana tree. Tyson loves these itty bitty things. They are delicious.
Our friends gave us this kite and we took it to the Asan Beach, a field/shore that is known for always being windy. It was a beautiful place to explore and watch the waves come crashing in on the reef. Lydia brought home more sea shells than she could carry. It was the perfect end to a pretty great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment