Our Christmas Eve day tradition is to go see a movie.
This year we split up. Some went to see Frozen.
Dad and I went and saw Saving Mr. Banks. We are both fans of Mary Poppins and Disney. So we enjoyed it quite a bit.
Mom and Dad joined us for dinner and some festivities Christmas eve.
We drove to the Bountiful temple and around the perimeter all the homes had these beautiful life sized paintings and scriptures on their lawns. We drove up and read each one. It was lovely. We drove around twice in fact.
Here are a few examples.
We stopped by the Schaffemeyers home to see their lights. It is a favorite of ours.
Tyson and I both got new pajama pants this year. We watched Arthur Christmas with my parents and then read two of our favorite Christmas stories before we went to bed. A Christmas Dress for Ellen by President Monson and The True Meaning of Christmas by President Hinckley.
Tyson set the alarm for 6:15 a.m. I am still confused as to why. But we were up bright and early. After eating French Toast Soufflet (recipe here) we finally decided to wake up Lydia at 8:38 a.m.
Santa brought her exactly what she had hoped he would.
This doll has not left her side for 5 days straight.
Her Mom bought her a Mary Poppins hat to go with her umbrella.
Mom and Dad bought me my first Tri-Pod.
We gave Dad John Stockton's new book.
We gave Mom some greeting cards from Costco.
Lydia bought Dad a new shirt. Nice eh?
I tried to stick to my 4 gift rule guideline.
Something to WEAR
Something they WANT
Something they NEED
Something to READ
It ended up being a few of each. Oops.
Tyson was worn out after watching Lydia open all those presents.
After lunch we headed to my parents to exchange gifts and spend time with cousins.
Nana bought Lydia a new pair of heels.
Santa brought Courtney an American Girl doll.
My parents bought all the Grandkids Season Passes to Cherry Hill. We are all over the moon about this. It is going to be such a fun summer.
They each got a pair of these too!
I made Sarah a book of all of her Instagram Pictures from 2013.
Dad scored in the movie pass department.
This was Jake's view most of the day. Very cool!
Sarah surprised me with this. I've always wanted a chalkboard for my home. It will be a treasure.
Cruiser finally work up and joined us!
He got a ball cart and a rolling dog. He was content.
We feasted! It was ridiculously GOOD!!!!
The Heads came over after dinner.
This guy cracks me up.
Heather is always super creative.
Cru was pretty good at unwrapping.
Nana made the biggest mess of all.
The girls got gloves from the Heads and an invitation to a Sledding party.
I think Brooklyn enjoyed her first visit to Nana's house.
She is a little glow worm. She has a bit of jaundice.
Logan and I tried figuring out how to make Rainbow looms bracelets.
Brooklyn is pretty perfect!!!
We took a group picture without Cru. I wish he was in it....but it was passed his bed time.
I love that I get to be part of this family.
I love my Savior and I'm grateful for his birth.
It was a wonderful Christmas and
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas too!





2 comments:
I think you and I got the same pajama pants! Aerie?
We will have to go to Cherry Hill together this summer! We got passes again..... we just love spending our summer days there.
Your sister's baby girl is adorable!
Post a Comment