December 30, 2013

December This n Thats

Lydia worked hard on this drawing to send to Grandma & Grandpa on their mission in Australia. 

We hope it finally arrived. 
The Stockham teenagers came over to help shovel one Sunday morning. Their parents were stuck in Idaho. I was super impressed....they are great kids. 
We attended a playgroup with some friends in Woods cross and after some playing and stories....
Santa surprised all the kids! 


Lydia told him that she wanted, "An Elsa doll from the new movie Frozen."
After spending the afternoon at Jessica's meeting her new baby Steph and I saw this beautifully polluted foggy sunset. 
I took Lydia ice skating for the first time. We went with the Youth in our neighborhood. I was sure glad those YW could skate better than me so they could help Lydia. 
These are the cutest skates I ever did see!
We threw a Christmas dinner party with Tyson's Aunt Julie and 2 of his cousins. 
We laughed a lot and learned lots of stories about these fun couples. 
We played Balderdash. Spencer won. I came close with 2nd place. 


We FINALLY built a snowman. We couldn't roll him up....the snow wouldn't allow it....so we packed him in shape. I love how he turned out and almost a week later he's still chilling in the backyard. 



This is our advent house. Everyday during December Lydia would wake up and go eat her chocolate kiss. She has to find the right date and she did great and had some self control to not open all the doors and eat them all on December 1st. 


Ella did some reading on one of her last days here. 
 Nana bought Lydia this beautiful Christmas dress. She loves dressing up fancy for church. 
 I took a few photo's of her while we waited for Nathan, our dinner guest to arrive. 







We absolultely loved getting everyone's Christmas cards this year. Lydia did most of all. We felt the love each time we opened our mail box and it was her job to tape them up. She did great! 

If you didn't get one from me, I did not forget you, I promise. Tyson has convinced me to only send them out on even years. It about killed me not to send them because I love doing it so much. But I have been known to go a little overboard and send them to every friend I've collected over the years and our families and we have a LOT of family and people we love and I hate missing anyone. So every other year it is. I'm not too thrilled about it, but that's ok, I'll come to terms with it....eventually....maybe. ;) 

We did get new family pictures taken this year. I will post those soon. 



No comments: