December 21, 2013

Baby Brooklyn

The text came in that Heather was delivering her baby. 
It was around 7 p.m. December 16th...a cold and foggy night. 

 I left Tyson home to take care of Lydia since children were not permitted on the labor and delivery floor and I headed to Ogden. 
I remembered to bring along this drawing Lydia made of the Head Family. 
Dad ran home to pick up Logan. Logan had been sick all day, and although he was feeling better he threw up again moments after I took this picture. Sorry, TMI....I know. But it was part of the day so I can't leave out any facts. ;)
I was testing the lighting for pictures out on Sarah, she was obviously thrilled about that. 
The Doctor passed by us on his way home and he told us Heather did great, it was a fairly easy delivery....only 2 pushes. Later we heard that the cord was wrapped around her neck twice. 
Justin came to find us and we headed in to meet this precious baby girl. 
They named her Brooklyn. She was 7 lbs and perfect in every way. 
Heather looked amazing!!!!
Logan did not. Poor boy. It was no fun being sick on this special, special long awaited day. 

Meeting Nana and Granddad for the first time. 

Getting goop in her eyes. 

So teeny, tiny!!! 


I sat and held her for as long as I could. Babies are all miracles in my books, every single one of them. I know it takes a lot to get to them here into this earth safely and that they are gifts from God straight from Heaven. 


It was love at first sight. 
Love you, Brooklyn.
Welcome to the family.
xoxo


1 comment:

Angela said...

I loved hearing the extra details and pictures of Brooklyn's birth.