People often ask, "Are you ready for Christmas?" I've caught myself asking the same question a time or two.
I usually reply yes, just out of habit. Yes, I've spent most of my Christmas budget on Amazon and the gifts are wrapped, hiding in the basement, but no I'm not ready. I don't want Christmas to come because that means it will be gone in the blink of an eye and won't be back again until next year.
What I love most are these days leading up to Christmas.
Here are a few things we have been doing and a few things I love:
We have attended the Forgotten Carols and the Mormon Tabernacle choir Christmas concert this. Both of those brought so much Christmas joy into my heart.
We have been ice skating and Christmas caroling with the Youth in our ward.
We finally found a family that we want to help for Christmas and everything is ready to be delivered on Christmas eve.
I came across an angel tree at the Rec Center and Lydia delivered some gifts to the Police station just in time for that deadline.
We have visited Temple Square and seen the lights. Its the year of the RED tree! My favorite tree in the world. It is only lite every other year and it's beautiful!
Last weekend we threw a dinner party with some of Tyson's Haslem cousins where we feasted on turkey and played the traditional White Elephant game and some Balderdash.
I enjoyed a lovely night out at our Ward Relief Society party this past week.
We've watched Elf, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, Elf again and Mr. Krugers Christmas and still have a few more to squeeze in before time runs out.
Ella our Elf is visiting our home again this year. She's a delight to have around and she never makes a peep.
I've finished my baking but still have some deliveries left to make.
I love the decorations, the music, the books, the smells and the feelings.
I love wishing friends and strangers Merry Christmas.
I love opening the mail box each day and feeling the love from friends I've collected throughout the years.
Lydia recently met the big man. He is definitely a magical part of Christmas but she knows he is not the real reason for the season. She whispered what she wanted and was too star struck to look him in the eye.
I know that Christmas will come whether I'm "ready" or not but for now I'm going to keep soaking up all every ounce of its goodness that sadly only comes once a year.

No comments:
Post a Comment