This year to help us focus on Gratitude during the month of November I decided we would do a Thankful Table cloth. I bought a piece of fabric at the DI. This slightly ugly salmon colored cloth only cost $1...so salmon it was. It fit the table perfectly. Before we started I covered the table with newspaper and for the following few days we drew picture of things we were grateful for.
Fast forward two weeks later and this is the finished product.
Family.
Fairies & Mary Poppins.
Courtney.
Whales.
The world. (France was the only country to make it on her globe.)
Grandpa & Grandma in Australia, under a rainbow & standing next to a waterfall.
Mountains.
Jesus Christ.
Castles.
The piano.
Bear Lake.
The Temple.
Lydia
Snow.
Lydia drew most of these with a sharpie and then I followed behind her with acrylic paint.
It has been a great project. Especially for my little one who is such a special artist.
Her Dad joined in as well....he is mostly grateful for sport teams....or perhaps that is all he knows how to draw. Ha ha.
Last year we made a Gratitude Tree.
You can check that out here.
This year we have been busy raking up the leaves from this tree.
It is an everyday task but one we don't mind doing.
I'm definitely grateful for a healthy body that can do so many things and a warm house to live in that protects us from the elements.
Lydia is a pretty good helper...
....most of the time! :)
1 comment:
your thankfulness tablecloth is awesome!
Post a Comment