In sacrament meeting last Sunday at church our topic was on gratitude. All of the speakers did wonderful. One of the older Sisters challenged us to go home and write down 100 things we are grateful for. When Tyson reminded me it was my turn to teach the Family Home Evening lesson after dinner on Monday night I remembered her challenge.
I was the scribe.
It was easy to come up with the first 50 things....
....and once we got rolling the next last were surprisingly just as easy.
Tyson listed every sport in existence and Lydia started naming off every item of clothing we own....I had to pick and choose what made our list. We did dig a little deeper than just socks and basketball....I promise.
We could have kept going after we hit 100.
Ok, Tyson and Lydia could have kept going. My hand was starting to cramp up.
Its not in shape like it used to be. :)
Our long list has been hanging on the wall for the past two days and it makes me smile every time it catches my eye.
We sure have a lot to be grateful for. I don't think I could ever count all of my blessings but I am glad for the opportunity during this month to be reminded how important it is to live with gratitude in our hearts everyday.
I definitely believe that gratitude plays a roll in our everyday happiness and it turns what we have into enough. I'm trying my darndest to instill this principle into Lydia's heart and mind.
Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxoxo
1 comment:
We did a similar thing for FHE, but called it our ABC's of gratitude and did a different blessing for each letter of the alphabet.
P.S. Oklahoma was on ours too!
Post a Comment