October 29, 2013

Life during the Fall

I've fallen in love with fall all over again....this happens every year.  
Last year was impossible to beat. We did everything under the moon. 
This year has been a bit slower. But only because most of events had conflicting dates. 
We have squished in a bit of fun here and there. 

Courtney and Cru spent the night. 
We popped real popcorn kernels. Lydia and Courtney had never seen this before now.
They had fun reactions. 
If Lydia could choose one food to eat the rest of her life my guess is she would choose popcorn. 


Cru loved exploring the house inside and outside. 
When he likes something the see's he gasps. 
Both Lydia and Courtney are wonderful artists. I gave them a jar of googly eyes and their family portraits turned out darling. I love this one of the Cole family. Sarah needs to frame it. It is a keepsake for sure.
Courtney also drew this picture of Heather, Sarah and I. Aren't we pretty? Notice Heather's tummy. Awww!
This is our little family. I think I could pull off pink hair, don't you?
We experimented with Spider hair. We had all the supplies on hand and it turned out great.
This is a new development happening this fall. They have begun to dig in the field behind the house.
The kids were over the moon about this. It was a super fun place to play and explore.

Logan and Jake thought it was a super cool place to hangout.

What kid wouldn't?
We hosted a cousin day. We took everyone up to our favorite park and field tucked away in the mountains of North Salt Lake.
It was a lovely day for a walk. The little ones wore flip flops and needed us to carry them. 













We headed back to the house and I had a pot of Tortilla Soup and sandwiches. It was just right for a fall day.
Lydia and I grew 13 pumpkins in the garden out back and she wanted each of her cousins to have one. So they each chose one to paint.

Heather brought cupcakes for us to decorate as well. They were delicious!!!



Group photo before everyone had to head home.
I attempted to create Mike Wasowski from Monsters inc.
We went on an adventure walk in Mueller Park one Sunday evening.

Lydia took a pair of scissors to her bangs on the same day she dressed up as a boy for our mutual Where's Waldo activity. I was not pleased! She knows the rule about Aunt Heather being the only person allowed to cut our hair. Its my rule too.
The sunsets in Utah never disappoint. Tyson loves them just as much as I do.

We love caramel apples too. For a YW activity I taught the girls who to make beautiful apples decorated in just about everything I could think up.
It was organized chaos for a little bit.

The best thing about apples is you can't mess them up. They all were unique and turned out beautiful.
The girls each got to take one home for themselves and one to give away. We took a few detours on the way home and dropped them off wherever the girls wanted them to go.

We were in Ogden last week and we made a special stop to visit Nathan on Weber State Campus.
I could have cried when I walked I got out of the car and started walking towards my favorite building. Actually, I love most of these buildings & sidewalks. This place hold so many good memories in my heart. Does that make sense? The memories of college life came rushing back. I met Tyson on this campus, I made lifelong friends here, figured out who I was, graduated here and had my first real big girl job with a real salary. A lot of living happened here and I could have told Lydia lots of stories. I told her a few. But I'll have to wait a while until she can appreciate the good ones.
I loved all the changing tree's and leaves. Campus is beautiful during all seasons but my favorite is fall.


The bell tower in the middle of campus was especially beautiful surrounded by all of these trees.
I love this view.
I lived in this building for my major, then I I worked here...aaaand now Nathan works here. I went to go and see his office.


Before we went for a walk to the duck pond we wondered through the children school and I got to see some old co-workers of mine. It was fun to catch up.
This yellow tree was lovely.



We had some more cousin time later on. I took the kids on a leave hunt. Our goal was to find a leaf of every possible color.


Here are Courtney's finds.
It was pajama day at school. Isn't she a doll?

These were mine. It was a fun activity....even for me.

Lydia displayed her finds in this very creative way.
Then we spent the rest of the day playing in the leaves. They hadn't quite fallen off the trees yet, so Jake took it upon himself to climb the tree's and shake them. Ha ha.
Cru thought it was amusing.



No comments: