October 22, 2013

Grouch Cookies

 Meet my new favorite Halloween Cookie.


I followed this recipe. But I changed it up a bit…one because they looked like Grouch’s and two, because they weren’t gooey.

So I am calling this version GROUCH COOKIES. Isn’t that so fitting? They came out of the oven with the funniest grouch faces and all they needed were eyes to be completely perfect. 

I bought the eyes at Smith’s, they were in the baking isle and they cost 3.99. They are the Wilton brand so I’m sure they are at other grocery stores as well. In fact I bet they are less expensive at Wal-Mart. Let me know if you find this to be true. 

You can find them on Amazon as well. 


I followed her recipe exactly except I used coloring gel instead of the liquid drops.


Don’t forget to press the cookies down a little bit before they go into the oven (I almost forgot) and then pop those eyes in right after they finish baking. Mine baked for exactly 11 minutes. 



INGREDIENTS: 

  • 1 White Cake Mix
  • 1/2 cup butter softened
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 8 oz. cream cheese softened
  • 1 egg
  •  Powdered sugar
  •  Food coloring
  •  Candy eyes

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy.
  2. Mix in cake mix. Divide batter into bowls for the amount of colors you want.
  3. Add food coloring to each individual bowl and mix until all combined.
  4. Chill for 30 minutes.
  5. Roll into balls and dip in a bowl of powdered sugar.
  6. Place on greased cookie sheet and pat down a bit.
  7. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes
  8. Add candy eyeballs while cookies are still warm. 

I could have taken an individual shot of each cookie. I was tempted. I'm not kidding. They were that unique and each had its own funny features that made me smile. But instead we wrapped em up and shared this Grouchy cookies with the neighbors. They were a hit!

1 comment:

Sharon Wagoner said...

These are sooooo funny! It's great how they really do have their own personalities!