August 1, 2013

Roy pool Memories

Some Canadian relatives came to town for a week or so. I decided to pack up and move in with Sarah for 2 nights and we played hard for a few days. We started at the Roy Pool. I love this place. I really do. 

I have lots of memories at this pool. Can I share one? Who am I asking. This is my blog...I get to choose what I share. You on the other hand can keep scrolling down if you are in a hurry and would only rather see pictures. 

See that kiddie pool in the distance? My memory happened there in August 2004, (9 years ago) Tyson and I were here with my family, Jake was a baby and we were watching him...but mostly talking. We talked about if we really wanted to get married, it ended up being the best talk ever, we both couldn't stop smiling, he didn't propose in the kiddie pool or anything, but it was when we officially decided we both wanted to marry each other. We were two happy people during that moment. A few weeks later he proposed and it was official. I still get a sweet feeling and big smile on my face when I wade through that little pool.  


Cru is a little water baby. 

...so are these girls. After their rounds of swim lessons they insist on swimming without  floaties and we constantly hear, "Mom, watch this, Mom was this!" as they show us everything they can do. 


Here is Jake...9 years later.
He loves the speed slide. 
Off he goes! 
Here is the whole gang, including Phoebe from Edmonton, Sharan from Guatemala and Gainor's from Calgary. 
Lydia loves to lay in the sun. She has never seen me do this. 
I have so many similar pictures from this summer alone. She cracks me up. (Head down on all.)
She starts it and whatever girls are with her follow right along with her. 
See what I mean. :)

1 comment:

The Hodsons said...

very cute post! That is so cool about your DTR in the kiddie pool!