May 28, 2013

My budding Artist

For the past year in Primary Lydia has come out of her classroom with a blank piece of paper. We would tease her and tell her how much we love her picture and she would give us funny looks.

Then....along came the art cart. When we moved into my in-laws home I needed to organize our art supplies, and we have a lot of it. I used some of my Mom's old mason jars, sprayed some random figurines with metallic spray paint and glued them on the lids. (I bought some figurines at the DI for a quarter.)



Lydia fell in love with this. Not only does she think it is attractive, but it is down on her level and in the kitchen for her to use whenever she wants.

I am not exaggerating, my sweet 4 year old has been drawing non stop for the past 3 weeks.

Pencil crayons are her favorite medium. But in the US you call them colored pencils. That is one term I never conformed to....don't know why. :)

She'll spend an hour or more on a picture. It has become her journal because she draws things that she see's or does on a daily basis. They have been hanging all over the kitchen and in my bedroom and today I took down my favorite ones to and snapped a photo to document them.


This is the bowling alley, Orchard lanes to be exact. We went there on Memorial Day weekend and I bowled the best game of my life. Both Lydia and I beat Tyson. :)

This is a farm. Lydia has never been to a farm. She used a book of animals as inspiration. No, Lydia...elephants do not live on a farm. :) But I still love your picture. I will take you to a farm someday soon. I promise. 

This is Bear Lake. We are going there this week and she is looking forward to it. She sometimes writes her name backwards and on this sheet she told me she did it "both ways, just to be safe."

This one is my FAVORITE of them all! It is Tyson running the marathon. He is coming out of the Ogden Canyon, do you see the mountains, the pavement and the yellow strip of ribbon we were not allowed to cross? She put a lot of thought into this one.  

She drew this picture of her Arizona cousins, Maddi, Cameron and Gracie. I am pretty sure Ali helped her with the flowers. 

This is our family. Don't I have lovely curly hair? 

I couldn't remember what this one was, she just informed me, "This is a park we went to with Aunt Ali. The yellow is the sidewalk, the brown things are the things we walk on and the red are the places where we make the food and that is the door." Their you have it. (North Canyon park.)
This is Lydia and I under some pink umbrellas. 

She drew this picture for Nathan. It is his cruise ship and guess what, it only costs $19.99 to take a ride on this boat. Killer deal right?

I told her Dad used to live in the house we are in now when he was 4 years old. She then drew a picture of Grandma and Dad in 1987. She spent a lot of time coloring each brick. The home must have been made of our brick way back when. :) Who knew. 

This is the Bountiful Temple. She tries to spot it every time we leave the house to run errands. 

This is a picture of the Head family. Heather, Justin, Logan and their Dog, Kelty. I bet Logan can hear as good as an elephant. 

She likes to write random letters and then ask me what she spelled. 

It rained a lot for a few days, she had umbrella's on her mind. This is Grandma with the short green hair, me with the purple and Lydia with the pink. 

Another family portrait in the rain. 

This is Lydia, Courtney and some bird nests. 

And lastly this is our blue car. This morning she helped her Dad wash the car on the lawn. 

Her Dad was impressed. She did not get this talent from him. Nor from me. 

I love my blossoming artist and my new kitchen art gallery. 
Feel free to come visit it anytime.


No comments: