We started in Snow Canyon.
We found the dunes. (I think.)
Last Saturday I was wearing snow shoes on a frozen lake and this Saturday I was wishing I packed my flip flops for sunny St. George.
This state park is gorgeous. We soaked in all of its beauty. It was breathtaking at every turn.
I remember a country song about a tumble weed and then seeing them in Utah for the first time.....I still find them fascinating. Call me crazy.
We did a little bit of walking and exploring and then later we found a good hike.
We saw this van in the parking lot. Hmmmm?
We started our hike here and then climbed up as high as we could onto that huge boulder.
Tyson carried Lydia a lot of the way. It was steep.
I love the different colors in this photo.
Almost to the top!
We were SO high. You can't really tell. It was a lot easier getting up then getting down. We stayed up for a quite a while before heading back to the car.
After we stopped and bought some groceries for lunch we found the Goodworth's at Kaneesha's soccer tournament. This place was packed. I have never seen so many soccer fields or players in all my life.
Kaneesha is one amazing goal keeper. I love watching her play. She is making those fun big life decisions on where to go to college next year and who to play for. Lucky girl. ;)
Lydia, Tanner & Myranda went to play during half time.
Lydia's feet were getting fancy on the side lines and she insisted I take a picture of them.
Check out that pretty view.
Nice face, Tanner. You crack me up.
All that hiking and sun wore her out, so we let her fall asleep on the way to meet Nathan and his Mom to do some swimming in their outdoor pool.
Awwwww! Heavenly! Did I mention I was on a frozen lake the week previous. Man, this was so nice. We all got a little sun and boy was it ever needed.
The Cole's joined us too and brought some of their nieces. Cru was crying in his car seat, so I yanked him out and plopped him in the luke warm hot tub with us.
Jake and his cousin, Jane.
Nice matching towels.
And muscles.
The real gun show in town.
Lydia, Jane and Court played mermaids and who knows what else.
Sarah started a new trend with her towel. Someone needs to buy that girl a hat. ;)
Palm Tree's and Cami Alexander.
Tyson opened his birthday presents up on Nathan's balcony. He got lots of car stuff....a steering wheel over, an air pump and everything you'd need to clean it.
After presents we headed here, the Pizza Factory.....it lived up to its hype. We have one in Ogden, but the food and atmosphere is definitely better in St. George.
The kids side of the table.
They made Tyson a 30 shaped Pizza.
I love these 4 and 5 year old smiles! So precious!!!
We took a detour to the temple. Lydia loves to touch temples. It is a tradition we started.
Here she is in the window sill.
Then we ended the night with one more stop, at Nielsen's Frozen Custard. Tyson's favorite is Caramel Cashew.
Here is Grandpa & ma Reeves. It was a long day, Lydia got a snuggle in before we sent her to bed.
After church on Sunday we spent some time with the Felsted's and Hilary's immediate family.
Lydia LOOOOVED the Coo Coo clock.
All ready for church. Owen & Lydia.
I liked her Grandpa's birdhouse collection. He is a wood worker.
Tyson took a nice afternoon nap before dinner....and then we had to head home, back to real life. Santa Clara...and St.George treated us nice. It couldn't have been a better weekend.
After we got home I asked Lydia to draw a picture for the Reeves. I suggested she draw St. George. She drew this picture of Snow Canyon and Hilary's Grandparents. Isn't it lovely!
1 comment:
Aww, they will love that picture! It was so fun to have you guys down, we have to do it again!
Post a Comment