March 4, 2013

Bear Lake Winter Weekend

February has been a month to remember. We packed a lot of fun in as best we could, starting with Bear Lake, then we headed to St. George the weekend after that, and following St. George we had a Goodrich family reunion. We also didn't forget Valentines day or Tyson's 30th Birthday in the mix of everything else going on.

Photobucket
Bear Lake is wonderful during the winter. Peaceful, beautiful and relaxing.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I went up Thursday with the Cole's and everyone else joined on Friday.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The kids enjoyed having the hot tub all to themselves.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
This was Cru's first trip to the condo. I think he quite enjoyed himself, he had lots of action to watch and was so happy and pleasant.
Photobucket

Photobucket
On Friday and Saturday we all did a lot of cross country skiing and snow shoeing.
Photobucket


Photobucket
It was Jake's first time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jake....ready to head out on the Lake.
Photobucket
SPLAT! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
The snow shoes made it so easy to walk out on the slippery icy lake and in the thick snow drifts.
Photobucket


Jake biffed it again. SPLAT! Poor kid.
Photobucket

Photobucket
See those specs out in the middle of the lake....Lydia thought they were penguins. So we went to go check them out.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The lake was frozen a few inches thick....but then we started to hear some cracking....
Photobucket
.....I wasn't nervous because we knew a snow mobile had driven on it before us.
Photobucket
We went out quite a ways from the beach.....it was a gorgeous day, no wind and lots of warm sun.
Photobucket
Then we happened upon a BIG crack....I didn't want to haul the girls over it....so we turned around. Mom and Dad kept going the next day and made some friends with the ice fishers, they were not penguin, we never did tell Lydia. Ha ha.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
That is Sarah. Ha ha. Don't ask.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jake down....again. Love him!
Photobucket
And again....this time, but this Logan joined him.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Courtney wanted some action on the skis too so she jumped on the back of her Moms.
Photobucket

Photobucket
It is hard work walking in all of that snow. Lydia petered out on me about 15 feet away from the condo and wouldn't take another step.
Photobucket
Sarah took off again for some more skiing.
Photobucket

All those snow sports wore everyone out.
Photobucket
The girls always ask to sleep together. We put them together after they had fallen asleep and I had to take a picture for evidence.
Photobucket
Then we moved them to the triple bunks. I slept on the TOP bunk...it is high, I elbow hit the ceiling when I rolled over. It was an adventure.
Photobucket
The kids go and wake up Nana and Granddad in the mornings so we can sleep a little longer. Cru makes me laugh...he must not be used to seeing me without my make up on. Ha ha.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
On Saturday night Justin Head helped Mom light some floating lanterns and send them up into the sky.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
They were magical!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we went inside Lydia announced to everyone that she was wearing Rapunzel underwear, (in honor of the floating lanterns....I guess.) Oh and it just happened to be Chinese New Years.

See you in 8 weeks Bear Lake!

No comments: