December 8, 2011

Dear Lydia


Dear Lydia, 

Thoughts of you and my role in your life have been racing through my mind all day. Being a Mother and your Mother is one of the greatest blessings I've ever been given.

However,  I sometimes wish I could jump back in time to 1986 when I was 3 years old to see how my Mom did it. How did she teach me to feel remorse when I made poor choices? Is that even teachable or are we born with that ability? Did she have to start teaching me about modesty when I was only three and how did she get that to sink in? How did she ingrain into my brain that I wasn't entitled to every thing that crossed my path? How did she let me know how much she loved me even when she was disappointed in the bad choices I made?

You make bad choices every once and a while too missy, you did today in fact, a pretty big one. I prayed to know what to say, what to do, how to react or not react in that moment and gosh it was hard. So hard I needed your Dad's help and luckily he was only a dial away.

I know this isn't the last time we will have these Mommy daughter talks, so I'm just warning you I don't always know the right words to say, or have the best way of putting things for your little mind to wrap around, but with the gospel and the spirits guidance in my life I'm sure going to try to do the best I can.

You are the funnest girl I know and the best side kick to have. We are pretty much velcroed at the hip and right now in this season of life I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love you to pieces, 
Mommy XOXO
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You're such a good Mom and days like these I'm so grateful for prayer. Love you to death.

Nathan said...

You're an awesome madre!!!! :-D