I have a new cookie recipe that I almost hate to share. I wish instead I could keep it to myself and bake them for everyone I love. But since I live far away (from a lot of you) I physically can't bring a plate of these yummy sweets to your doorstep. Plus I always share recipes, so here it is!
I'm almost certain you've never tried them. A girl here in Norman created this recipe. Her name is Alethia. If you like cranberries and orange zest I think these will be a big hit with your taste buds.
Cookies:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
zest of one orange
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 c. fresh cranberries, chopped
Glaze:
zest of one orange
6 T. fresh orange juice (use leftover juice from first zested orange and all juice from second zested orange)
3 c. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg until well mixed. Mix in orange zest and orange juice. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix. Mix in cranberries until evenly distributed. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Space cookies about two inches apart.
3. Bake 12-14 minutes, until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks.
2 comments:
Those look yummy. And thanks for the potpourri stuff, Carlin and I are saving it for Christmas Eve. :)
oh! those look GOOD!
Post a Comment