December 13, 2011

Sweet Norman 9& Stake Christmas Choir

See these beautiful girls, oh how I grew to love them and directing them. We worked for 6 weeks on a Christmas song to perform for a huge Stake Christmas concert. Since we weren't quite big enough to call ourselves a Choir on the program we were the "Sweet Norman 9" I was the 9th.:) They were truly the sweetest girls of the entire Stake. Only the sweetest would choose to wake up and come practice on  multiple Saturday mornings.

Photobucket
We sang Where Shepherds Lately Knelt. It is a gorgeous piece and with Jana Houser on the flute and Teresa Bell at the piano I felt the spirit of the song every time I directed it.

All but 2 of the girls were beehives so I did my best to teach them to sing out with confidence, with smiles and with their testimony's. They made me SO proud!
Photobucket

Jana, Natha, Annah, Carlen, Rachel, Teresa
Hannah, Caroline, Emilie & Jocelyn, Laura. 

I participated in the adult choir as well. We were directed under the amazing Andrea Avance. She is my hero!!! I have never seen anyone put so much heart and soul into her calling....ever! She was SOOO organized, passionate, prayerful, on top of things, witty, fun, thoughtful, talented & genuine. She recruited 59 stake members to join and we had some super talented people. She had high expectations for us, she didn't want us to just sound 'church good', she wanted us to be great and I really believe we were. We attempted some tough pieces and we pulled them off. 

We practiced 2 hours every Sunday since September. It was a huge time commitment and lots of time spent away from Lydia and Tyson but I am glad I got to be apart of it and grateful for their support. Nothing brings the spirit of Christmas more into my life than music. 

I have some clips of the dress rehearsal, check them out when you have a spare minute or two.

No comments: