November 22, 2011

Underwear Cheek Incident

Photobucket

See that cheek? Not a rash, not a lipstick kiss, not ring worm....those are Lydia's TEETH marks! 
What?!? My sweet Lydia you ask? 
YES!!!! I was mortified. 

She is a little obsessed with changing her clothes these day. She was in her room taking her clothes off, she was down to her underwear and sweet Caden was only trying to help. He thought her underwear needed to come off too aaaaand........she BIT him. 

She clearly knows how to use her words and should have to get him to stop!!!

But her Daddy said in the future if boys try to touch her bum that she has his permission to bite them. 

I felt HORRIBLE and embarrassed by her actions. I explained it all to Clay, Caden's Dad, he is an ER doctor and didn't care as he just started sharing much worse incidents he's encountered at work.

Caden is the toughest 2 year old I've ever met. He didn't cry, fuss, or even come tell me it had happened. I saw it on his cheek minutes later and started asking questions. 

Here is a close up.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Caden was quick to forgive, but the bite marks didn't go away. I took these picture on the bed 3 hours after it occurred and the PJ picture before bedtime. Yep, still there. 
Photobucket

Photobucket
Nothing I love more than toddlers in footsie pajamas! Awww! 
Photobucket

Photobucket

At church on Sunday I went up to Caden and his family after Sacrament meeting to check on his cheek. His Dad said, "I don't care one bit that this happened, what I do care about is THIS!" And he held up Cadens pinky finger. I painted one tiny little nail with white shimmer polish earlier that week and they noticed. Ooops.:) We were doing nails and Caden wanted some sooo bad, I just couldn't help myself. Ha ha. Clay said he grew up with 3 sisters and he understood.

Never a dull moment around here. 

3 comments:

Hilary F. said...

Oh my goodness! I can't imagine explaining to another parent that kind of situation. But I totally agree with Tyson, she should bite any boy who tries to help her take her panties off!

Nathan said...

I SOOOOO miss those two cute kiddos! Give them both a big squeeze for me. We should Skype with them after nap time one of these days :)

Kamille said...

That has totally happened in our house. Elliette bit a newborn baby when she was 2. It is not fun. Lydia is such a poser. It is so cute. She know what moves to pull out when the camera comes out!