I've had this post in storage and it never got posted.
This weekend seems to be the perfect time. I'm glad I found it.
This weekend seems to be the perfect time. I'm glad I found it.
My Aunt Gayla & Uncle Terry are serving a mission in the translation department in the Conference center for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. A lot goes into their calling and I'm sure my post won't do it justice, we learned so much about it all....too much to share. But I took a load of pictures so here you go!
After Tyson took me to lunch at the Garden we met up with them and they gave us a VIP tour of the the Conference center. We even went in some locked rooms that they had never been into...and now Aunt Gayla owes some talented men some chocolate milk for allowing us access. :)
They are over 30 languages. The best one too. FRENCH! Marie and Antoine only get to listen to the French translators in Bordeaux as this is their native language. It was neat to see where it all happens. Fact: Over 100 languages are translated for our church. United Nation does 6.
Underneath the stage of the conference center.
On the stage door way.
The magnificent organ pipes WAY up high.
Back stage where they store all the seats for the general authorities. FACT: All of the apostles's chairs have their names labeled on the arm rest except for President Monson's.
The next few photo's are behind all the many doors that run, produce, film, record, broadcast, edit.....ALL of the shows, spoken words, Christmas concerts & General conference's....etc.
SOOOO much technology! Wow!!!
Mics that cost hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars.
Lots of talented people needed to work here. Wow!
I liked these rooms with all the window's to the Conference center.
This room is where President Monson and a others broadcast from. They make the room that looked like a pretend chapel and we could see it at Stake for conference. So neat!
With this green screen and studio they make it look like general authorities office's for interviews and other Mormon messages.
Tyson and I both walked away from this experience with a love and appreciation for our church. People who seem to only find faults with our church seriously must be slightly ignorant and don't realize all the good it already does, the truth it holds and all the good it is capable of doing. I love that our church does everything top notch & never half way done. If we strived for that in our own lives, families, callings, homes, mothering, friendships....wouldn't that be wonderful & a good goal to have.
Anyways....what I really meant to say is happy conference weekend!
Anyways....what I really meant to say is happy conference weekend!
1 comment:
I am so glad you guys were able to go see all that...so neat eh!!
Post a Comment