October 31, 2011

Geocaching & Pumpkin Patch

I'm fairly certain I've found a new pastime.
Thanks to Nathan. 
Yes, Nathan came to visit us. AGAIN! It is always a delight to have him around! 
I had heard of it, but never done it. It is called:


What is it you wonder?  For my Dad who had never heard of it, I'll explain. 
It is a a real world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers call geocaches, using GPS's and may share experiences on-line. 

You can choose what level of difficulty you want. You log in on a slip of paper or online when you find it and if you want to take a little treasure you find inside you are supposed to leave one in its place. They were all great treasures for Lyd. This would be a great group date activity or family outing. We'll be doing it again for sure. 

We hit 4 different locations and found 3 out of the 4. Take a look. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
After our geocaching we ate some lunch, let Lydia take her nap and then went to a pumpkin patch.
Fall has been a beautiful season this year.  
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
At the end of the day she let us know that the 'Bunny Wabbit was her favorite thing."
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We watched some pig races. The winner pig got an Oreo. ha ha. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tyson told Lydia the scarecrows name was Jonathon. Random. But it stuck. 
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Not her smartest choice. ha ha. 
Photobucket

Photobucket
Age 3. 
Photobucket


Photobucket
Picking pumpkins was serious business. 
She took her time to choose just the right one, two, three and four. 
Each of us were allowed to leave with one. 
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
After a hay ride around the farmers fields I changed her into her Witch costume and we had a fun little photo shoot. The first one is my very favorite! I love that smile!!! 
Photobucket

Photobucket
She was working this pose. Ha ha. So scary.
Photobucket
Ready, set, JUMP!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Loved these albino pumpkins. Is that even what they are called? Who knows. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We are still enjoying the jar of homemade pumpkin spread Nathan purchased for all us to try. Mmmm!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

These pictures are to die for adorable!! Looks like a fun little place!

Nathan said...

Hehe I'm glad I created another geocaching addict :)...and even in another state!

I had such a blast! Thanks for letting me come!

Angela said...

How fun to have Lydia wear her costume at the pumpkin patch. What a great backdrop. Those pumpkin hay bales are awesome. I've never seen any like that before.