I wasn't planning on doing a {friend} party for Lydia this year until Tya offered her home and pool to us. I couldn't resist, Lydia loves to swim and my home isn't big enough to include everyone we love here, so it couldn't have been a better situation. Here is how the evening went down.
Fabulous temperatures.
Kiddo's swam.
Mini cupcakes for the kids.
Fudge Oatmeal bars for the adults.
Lydia trying to lick all that yummy frosting.
Lots of wonderful gifts from her sweet friends. She got a new book, dress up clothes, princess doll, a new bag, craft items, a ken barbie and a new dress!
Lots of fun girl chat.
Daddy jumped in for a swim.
Rapunzels tower. (Don't ask...but feel free to go ahead and laugh. I did.)
I didn't get any pictures of Aubrey and her kids, but she told me when they walked up to the house Samuel (age 3) said, "Lydia's castle!?!" So funny. What a sweetie.
A similar scenario kept repeating itself, I may have been the only one who noticed because I was handing out party favors. At least one child in every family threw had a fit/meltdown or tantrum on some level when it was time to leave. Some were worse than others...all super cute (when its not your own kid), but even mine didn't want to go home and put on her own show. :) I think that means the party was a hit!
Thanks to Tya for letting us use her beautiful home
and for ALL of her help throwing a fun party!
and for ALL of her help throwing a fun party!
1 comment:
So fun! Oh...and those fudge/oatmeal thingies look amazing....I want one... ;)
Post a Comment