August 29, 2011

Ouray Colorado- Day 2

Tyson took us on a slight detour so we could drive through Ouray, Colorado. Have you heard so this place? I hadn't. Tyson's sister Ali worked there for 2 summers as a young adult and he fell in love with the place when he visited and I can see why now. People from all over the world vacation there. We can account for that, three other families we shared a restaurant with all spoke other languages.

I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We hit 10, 000 feet in elevation and stopped here to explore. The wild flowers were beautiful and the view breath taking! We were ready to call it quits and not continue on. We were in awe of such amazing landscape and the cool temperature it was hard to leave.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Someday I want to stay at this camp ground. Isn't it beautiful?
Photobucket

Photobucket
This is the town of Silverton.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is finally down in the small town of Ouray. It is enchanting as if right out of a movie set and every which way to turn you have a mountain in your view. GORGEOUS!!!!
Photobucket
Lydia got a little car sick....ok, a LOT of car sick on the windy roads...I will spare you the details. Just know that my hands got involved. Ha ha. Oh the things we do for our kids.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Main street of Ouray.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We stopped for some lunch and then headed on our way. Someday we will go back and see all that there is to see. Ouray is only 6 hours from Salt Lake, so if you need a quick trip, anniversary spot or honeymoon excursion....this place would be fabulous!
Photobucket
For the last hour of the trip Lydia looked at video's and pictures on my camera and snapped a few of me too. Ha ha. My sun glasses were killing me by this point, so I had to prop them up higher. I know I look geeky.
Photobucket

We made it to North Salt Lake by 8:00 p.m. and literally stepped out onto the Tyson's parents green soft lawn and stayed there visiting everyone for 2 hours. We veto'd the suggestion to go inside, we know we wouldn't be able to get enough of all the amazing Utah summer nights and so we started soaking them up instantly!

PS. We drove through a city called Durango, Colorado. It reminded me a bit like Park City, but less ritzy, more family oriented and with the most majestic looking mountains. Tyson and I both agreed it would be an awesome place to live...with SO much to do there and gorgeous views!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I've been to Durango and Silverton! Scariest road I've ever seen in my life!!! Did you drive on that road? There's NO shoulder at all, just a cliff next to the road!