January 13, 2014

Food and Babies

This is a mod podge of recent pictures and after I loaded them I noticed a theme, food and babies. Well except for the first few, unless we conclude that Lydia is my baby girl and always will be. 

It was lightly snowing on this particular day so we went outside so I could practice some photography skills with my big girl camera. 

I think I have the cutest subject around.





Now on to the food. 
Jiffy Chocolate mini muffins. (From a box.)
Just practicing with my camera some more....ha ha. 

Now for the babies....or baby, I should say. Meet Brooklyn Rose. She's precious! I get to tend her once a week while her Mommy works in the hair salon. To see Heather's hair salon click over here. 
We love her. She was perfect.....after her nap she was wide and so pleasant to hold. If you missed my post about her birth you can click here. 

Moving on to Sushi. I love fish, salmon, Halibut and shrimp is all my time favorite type of sea food so I always had a hunch I would like Sushi, but I had never tried it, that is until New Years. Well, after I tried 2 bites I couldn't get it out of my mind. 

Then I happened to be at Smith's Market place and they have authentic Asian chefs who wrap up fresh sushi each day. I bought a serving and it was gone by the end of the day.

I found a recipe over here to make my own California rolls. But before I get around to doing that I'm requesting all of your favorite places to eat Sushi and what kind you like.....because I'm HOOKED! Better yet, who wants to go out to eat with me??? :) 

Tyson has a lot of night classes this new semester so our new dinner time is 5:00 p.m. on the dot so he can he out the door with all his gear and to the U on time. The new year always makes me want to try new recipes, so I did. This is a Roasted chicken & vegetable lasagna. It is really tasty and made more than we could eat so I took some to my Mom, ate some leftovers the next day and froze the rest in small containers. 
I found the recipe from a local food blogger. You can check it out here.  Her pictures are much prettier, I promise! I also forgot to add the cheese to all the layers, so I threw a tad extra on top and by tad I to much, if too much cheese is even possible. 

We spent time with another cutie patootie, this is Owen...we tend him once a week while both of his parents work their shifts. Among other things he loves trains.



His Mom told me that this is his heaven and I believe it. He stayed in this position for quite a while. 

Next up, cookies....my oldest niece is going through a rough time and also just left for a new college semester to a new school and with new room mates so I made her 8 dozen frozen cookie dough balls. That'll cheer anyone up right? 

Lydia helped me whip these suckers up after church last Sunday. She is an excellent assistant in the kitchen. Kaneesha's Dad delivered them for me. I used  my sister-in-law Michele's recipe of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies. It never fails me. If you need it in your life let me know and I can email it to you. 

Last baby. This is Cru. He loves baths, so last week when I was tending him I threw him in the tub....grabbed my camera had a mini, mini photo session. 

After I took these pictures he splashed like nobody's business and got me all nice and wet. 

I'll end with this pretty jar of yumminess. 
We love our green smoothies around here. 
But I came across a purple smoothie and thought I could change things up a bit, just this once. 
PS. Smoothies taste better in a mason jar. Not sure why. But it's true. 


It includes: Plain Greek Yogurt, purple cabbage, frozen blackberries and strawberries, one frozen banana, spinach, flax seed, almonds and water. 

For the exact measurement and recipe go here. 

So there you have it. Lots of good food and yummy babies too. 
Told you life in 2014 is treating me pretty good so far. 


No comments: