We took a drive up to Hill Air Force base one afternoon to get our military ID cards.
I was not allowed on until Tyson had his card.
So he left us on the side of the road. Nice eh?
All I had was my phone. So we entertained ourselves for about 2 minutes and took some crazy pictures. It was a windy day. Then we had nothing else to do.
We ended up calling Heather and she came and picked us up and saved us from dying of boredom. Not really, we could have found something else to do, but she lives about 1 mile from base and sister time is always more fun than sitting on a highway.
Tyson came and found us an hour or so later and then took us back on base.
We did a little shopping at the commissary (grocery store). It had some really good prices but others were just the same as regular stores. I felt out of place like everyone knew we were civilians. We learned you have to tip the bag boys. They only earn money tips. Isn't that ridiculous. Even worse than servers in Utah who only make 2.13 an hour.
The base is huge. Not that pretty. The buildings are pretty ugly actually.
But I like the atmosphere and they aren't so bad inside.
I wonder what a Navy base will be like in comparison.
We have a lot to learn about this military stuff.
Like if you hand them your ID card upside down or backwards that is a sign of distress and they will think something is wrong with you.
Tyson had his first PRT.
He had to run, do push ups and sit ups.
It was all timed and recorded.
Luckily he didn't make the out of shape fat boy list.
They are going to contact him every so often and he has to go in and do this again.
He passed with flying colors.
Nice job, babe.
Our new medical and dental insurance is kicking in very soon. Woo woo!
We are very grateful for that.
But we are more grateful that we weren't affected by the government shutdown.
Phew.
Crazy country we live in.
Beautiful but a little crazy.
We said a lot of prayers for our government leaders and those without jobs for the time being.
PS. I'd post a pic of my ID card but I kind of look like I have the hair of a lion's mane blowing in the wind and the bad shadows & black and white combinations make it appear like I have a beard. Its not the best picture I've ever seen of myself. Ha ha. I'm not making this stuff up. It's pretty bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment