July 1, 2013

Oh Canada


 photo 1056552_10151740422928210_1979756647_o_zpsd3b65ab1.jpg

From Canada. 

I am here. 

Its true! 

I am loving it. 

I haven't been since 2009. 

I have missed it.

I am here for 2 reasons, their names are, Katherine and Camellia.... and to meet their little ones...and see all my other cousins and Aunts and Uncles.....but mostly the twins. I love watching my childhood cousins be mothers. They are amazing wives and mothers. It has been a wonderful visit so far. We are staying at Camellia's home in Mountain View. They are living in 100 year old cabin/home. It reminds me of Anne of Green Gables and if you know me at all you'll know I might never want to leave this place.

 photo 1062959_10151736547908210_718552371_o_zpsbe6eb2af.jpg

 photo 1062962_10151740032758210_1589237411_o_zps4a3c47c5.jpg



 photo 1062018_10151736500588210_681015158_o_zpsf704478d.jpg

 photo 1061787_10151738398163210_301026099_o_zps907e63f1.jpg

 photo 1061061_10151740129938210_1047906355_o_zps4db26fcc.jpg

 photo 1057654_10151736522923210_98537974_o_zps553aa8a1.jpg

 photo 1058069_10151740424028210_857918251_o_zps2da35647.jpg

 photo 1058666_10151740333143210_488274558_o_zps9d61f6a1.jpg

It have breathtaking views of Canadian prairies and mountains at every turn.

My heart swelled up on Sunday as I stood and joined the congregation singing, "Oh Canada" in church.

I feel more Canadian when I am here.
I feel at home.
I feel more connected to my Grandparents who have passed on.
And I have a better desire to be who I am and not what the world thinks I should be.
I love this part of the world.
It has rich history and heritage.

I love thinking about my ancestors who have lived here before me.
I believe they lived like we do.
They lived to provide for their families and they loved the Lord.
I am not ready to go home.
But I soak up as much of Alberta in heart and have to take it with me until next time.

We are off to the good 'ol Raymond Parade to celebrate Canada Day, then back to Waterton for our third time and then to Cardston for some fireworks.

Happy Canada Day indeed, eh!

 photo 1062905_10151740414768210_61259142_o_zpsca870cce.jpg

PS. We miss you Tyson. xoxo
Wish you were here!





3 comments:

Shafferprincess said...

That first picture is absolutely breathtaking, and most definitely Anne of Green Gables. Beautiful!

Leishman's said...

Beautiful pictures!! It was fun to see you!

Sharon Wagoner said...

So LOVELY!!! I want to live there too!