
Robintinos the night before. "Carbing up."

We were able to track the runners on our devices. Technology amazes me!!!!!!

We went to cheer them on at the mouth of the Ogden Canyon and then we hurried to the finish line.
Devin hurt his hamstring and wasn't able to run so he joined the cheering section.
This is Tyson's Aunt Arlene, she and her husband Brian have ran countless marathons, including Boston.
Thane is wearing the white hat & gray jacket. Is was tough to spot everyone...but we did. barely.

Tyson pulled out a smile for us at mile 26.



That is my friend Jessica and her Mom....nice and blurry for you. They walked the 1/2 marathon!
All of them were cold and shaking when they finished. They all opted for a full body massage.



Dean, Tyson's brother in law ran in a relay.


Kathy & Thane.


Tyson wrote this in a family letter:
As some of you may have heard, Thane, Ali, and I ran the Ogden Marathon this year. It sure was a lot of fun accomplishing such a difficult task with my brother and sister out there doing it with me.....in the rain....in the cold. I think Ali and Thane agree, but for me it was one of the most mentally and physically demanding things I have ever done. I still am not sure about doing another one though.
Brian and Arlene are both crazy, and my hero's at the same time for the amount of marathons they have run. I think half marathons may be the way to go for me. Dad was curious as to the times we finished. I finished in 3 hrs 48 minutes, Ali in 3 hrs 55 mins , and Thane at exactly 4 hrs.
Other family members of note: Arlene finished in 3 hrs 56 mins(notice Ali's time was better!), Brian in 3 hrs 39 mins, and Eric Goodrich in 4 hrs 11 mins. Although I beat my direct siblings time-wise, they really beat me according to the age gradient scale. Thane, I'd be stoked to finish a marathon at the old age of 41 in 4 hrs! ha ha!

We had to give Dean a hard time about his shoes. :)


They all had to look down and mentally tell their legs to move.

Proud wife!!!


The Southams stopped by and everyone swapped stories. It was an entertaining conversation.


Lydia drew this picture of Daddy running down the canyon. I am biased, but man she is a good little artist!

Here is Tyson's time info! Pretty impressive!

No comments:
Post a Comment