March 1, 2013

Guess What Lydia Said?

I say that sentence to Tyson at least once every evening, "Guess what Lydia said today?" Lydia can be deep, random and other times completely spacey. We laugh all the time. These are only a handful of all the things she says that crack us up.


Laundry day: I was stripping our bed sheets early one morning, Lydia walks in, wide eyes and says, "Mom, did you wet the bed?"
I laughed, a lot. 

Then I told her, "NO!"

Lydia has been watching Hercules lately and after hearing the song, "I can go the Distance" she mixed up the lyrics completely and sang, "I can take over the business."  Whaaat?

One evening at Grandma's Lydia ran out of her bed after multiple times of being tucked in, I asked her, "Do you want me to be a nice Mommy, or do I need to be a mean Mom?" She said, "Will you be a mean Mom, like Satan?"


Lydia always mixes up the words ASK and TELL. It is becoming constant thing. She will say, "Lets go ask Dad what we did today."

Nana was tucking her in bed while we were out on a date. Nana (my mom) told Lydia that she will miss her when we move to North Salt Lake, Lydia replied, "It's ok Nana, we can Facetime." 


I was sleeping in Lydia's bed one night because she was scared. She was restless and wouldn't hold still, so I firmly said, "Stop moving, close your eyes and go to sleep!"

She replied, "Mom, is it ok that my tummy is going up and down?"
I answered, "Yes, Lydia, it is ok to breath." 

When she sneezes she says, "Bless me." and now when she coughs she says, "Cough me."


Lydia: "Mom can I go to Disneyland when I'm 38?"
Me: "Yes!"
Lydia: "Thanks!" Walks away with a big smile. 
Me: "You're welcome." 

Courtney: "When I was little I went to Canada I saw aunt Peggy." (My Dads sister)

Lydia: "Was she real?" 
Courtney: "Yes"
Lydia: "Was she in a cage or no cage."
Courtney:"Not a piggy a Peggy"
Lydia: "Oh."

Lydia: "Mom, when you were little were you ever scared to grow up?" 

Mom: "Yes, maybe. Why what are you scared of?" 
Lydia: "I'm scared that I won't know what I'm going to look like."

Lydia: "Mom, does Jesus see people in Utah, Oklahoma, Canada, Australia  and New York all at the same time. 

Me: "Yes."
Wow. How does he do that? 
Long conversation to follow. 

I love knowing what is going on in that mind of hers and the way she thinks about the world around her. 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those are all so precious! And some of them hilarious!!

Angela said...

She is a funny girl, thanks for sharing some of the cute things she says. I guess I should start writing down what my son Nathan says too.