December 22, 2011

Family drawings & Photo's: by Lydia

In anticipation for our trip our west Lydia made this. 
Photobucket
Lydia worked hard on this drawing. She brought it over to me and explained very seriously what she had drawn. 

Photobucket
She told me in her her own words that she drew, ""My Granddad, My Yogan, My Jake, My Courtney, My Nana and my Nana's house."These folks have been on her mind a lot lately. She is frequently asking to play with them, visit their homes,talk to them on the computer or have them over to our house to play. 
Photobucket
Her leftover curls from the day before were so beautiful. 
Photobucket
When she gets sad (or in trouble) about something she'll go to our fridge, grab a picture magnet of someone she loves and hold it while she cries. I believe it is her way of trying to run away to Grandma/Nana's house when she is not pleased with her parents. But instead she'll run into her bedroom and look at the pictures. 
Photobucket
 I did try to console her before and after I snapped this, don't you worry.
Is that sad or what?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That is adorable!!! How sweet that she takes their pictures with her when she cries! And I love the picture she drew too!