October 11, 2011

Tuesday Tribute- Carolina Jensen


Meet Carolina. This Tuesday tribute is for her. The following story occurred 2 years ago, I had only lived here in OK for about a  month. I hadn't made any good, good friends yet and I didn't have anyone to go to the Relief Society Broadcast with so I drove to the stake center alone, that was just fine with me. But other things in life weren't going so smooth. Our home hadn't sold in Utah yet, we were also paying for our new place to live here and patiently awaiting our slow student loan money to come and help out where it could. Things were tight, Tyson hadn't found a job yet and the job we hoped I would get fell through shortly after we got all unpacked. I had a few worries on my mind to say the least and was glad to go and listen to the prophet speak and be uplifted by his message.

The meeting began, I was in that dark chapel feeling alone and unsure, I saw the image of Salt Lake's Temple square appear on the screen and I lost it, the tears began to come. Knowing my Mom and sisters were together watching it got me and I couldn't keep it together, I was a mess hoping nobody would hear my quiet sniffles. I had attempted to be so tough with the move and had been keeping my emotions on the back burner that I didn't realize how home sick I really was until that exact moment.

When the meeting closed Carolina put her arm around me and we had the best chat, she could have rushed home to her 4 kids & husband but she stayed and talked for as long I needed. She knew how I felt , she listened and listened some more and then had all the right things to say to buoy me up and I was so grateful for her friendship that night. She is from Sweden and doesn't live close to her family or sisters either. I know the Lord puts people in our life when we need them and that she was an answer to my prayers that night and I will always love her for that.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

What a sweet story, she really is an amazing lady, she was the first person to introduce herself when we moved here. I'm sorry things were so rough, but I'm glad you guys came out here, we've loved having you around.