September 18, 2011

Party-ing Part 1

We had another Sunday birthday on our hands this year, so we did our best to make it a great day for her. Saturday night kept me busy, while Tyson was watching BYU football with the guys I was busy decorating cake and our ceiling. Anne Shirley kept me company. 

Photobucket
 I did 5 rows with 6 balloons on each. Tyson did help me blow them all up before he took off. Phew. I think I would have passed out. 
Photobucket

Photobucket
Lydia's only request was she wanted M&M's on her cake. I put her to work sorting them for me. She did great! 
 I did go to the candy shop in search of some pink and purple M&M's. Take a guess at how much they cost?..........12.99 per lbs. "Seriously?" was the word that came spilling out of mouth with eyes brows raised, and then I walked right out. No thank you! These did the trick just fine.   
Photobucket

Photobucket
I had fun a little fun with the cake batter this year. 
Photobucket
Ariel made the cut only because she has the shortest legs. 
Photobucket
Lydia literally could not fall asleep knowing I was working on her birthday cake. She hollered from the bedroom, multiple times, "MOM I WANT TO SEE MY CUPCAKE!" So I caved and let her come out & take a peek. It was worth it to get such a fun reaction! :) 

Photobucket
We let her open some presents while we ate breakfast. 
She made out like a bandit.
Photobucket
Grandma Haslem sent her a dollar. I'll write more about that later. Cute story. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Here is all of her loot! Thank you everyone! She is a lucky, lucky girl!!!

After presents and breakfast it was off to church to find out we were getting a new Bishop and 2 new counselors. It was an amazing meeting. We loved Bishop Jensen, but Bishop Nabors will be fabulous too. I work with his wife in Primary (same age as me) and she is expecting baby #5 tomorrow. They will have their hands full. 

We sang to Lydia in Nursery and then she came home and slept the afternoon away until her little get-together.
Photobucket

Photobucket
(New dress from Aunt Heather.)
Photobucket
We invited a family with 3 little girls over to help us eat cake! I knew for sure the Patterson girls would appreciate a princess cake and some dress-up clothes....and they did! 
Photobucket
Legs anyone? 
Photobucket

Photobucket
I heard LOTS of laughing coming from this table and before bed Lydia told me her friends were being cwazy! :)
Photobucket
We ended the party with some dancing! 
Photobucket

Photobucket
Dad- showing off his new OU snuggie. Niiiiice! 
Photobucket
Gift from Mom and Dad. Sorry for the blur. 
Photobucket
(New jammies from Nana & Granddad.)  
I think she was pleased as punch with her special day and more than anything just happy to be 3!

4 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

what a party!
that cake is awesome...i would have died if i got that when i was a little girl...or now...lets be honest ;)

can't believe our kiddos are 3...amazing!

Hilary F. said...

LOVE her! She deserves an awesome party. And you are such a fun mom!

Megan Smith said...

Cute cake! How did you do the different colors in the cake batter?? You are such a fun Mom!

Angela said...

What a fun birthday. The balloons were cool and the cake was fantastic. Your stove looks ancient though. It must cook well.