August 31, 2011

Sister Cousins

Mom has a Family Circus comic on her fridge that reads: "Cousins are like sisters who don't live together."

Courtney and Lydia are not only cousins but they are seriously best friends...and would be great sisters. They have their own lingo, they escape into their own little world and they never tire of playing together.

While we were at my in-laws Coco heard that Lydia was in Utah and just had to be with her! So we invited her to come down to North Salt Lake to sleepover and play with us even though we knew the following week they'd be together 24/7 at the Condo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I put the big girl cousins to work doing the bedtime routine and I heard a lot of giggling through the door.
Photobucket
This sleeping picture below is real.
Photobucket

2 toddlers---- exhausted from a days play. You'd think they'd sleep through the night wouldn't you? I only put them together in the same bed after midnight. So get this, 5 a.m. rolls around I hear Courtney crying, I stumble out of bed to see what the matter is. It is pitch black and I hear her say, "I can't find my blanket?" Then out of the blue, Lydia pipes in with a loud wide awake voice, "I WILL HELP YOU FIND IT!"

I couldn't believe they were both WIDE awake! Ahhh.... and in a house full of 7 other sleeping people. I had only gone to bed at 1 a.m., I was NOT ready to wake up yet so I put a pillow in between them and lay at the bottom of the bed, scrunched up, with a quilt one continuously telling them to hold still and close their eyes. When Lydia would move and I'd get after her she'd say, "Mom I just want to hold my Courtney." I knew by 6 a.m. it was a lost cause, so I crawled back into my bed and listened to them sing and giggle through the wall. I finally let them out at 7 a.m.

Lesson learned. No more sleepovers for this girl until she is married!

1 comment:

Alysa Clark said...

Those two are so adorable together!! I love it! :D I earned Courtney's trust last year at the neighborhood caroling party just by telling her I was Lydia's friend.. hee hee.. :D