February 9, 2018

NYC in one Day & HAMILTON

New York City in one day is probably not how it is meant to be seen but when that is all you get you make the most of it. You bundle up warm, walk quickly see as much as you can possibly see. We left the boys at home and Scott drove us all to New York and through the city like a pro. NY has been a place the three of us have been dreaming of seeing for many, many years. As we crossed the bridge into NY we jammed out to our favorite NYC songs. It made me a little teary eyed. 

We found great parking, bundled up, took a mirror selfie to kick off our adventure and then we hit the streets. 
























As we walked and I took 5 gazillion pictures I felt like I was in a movie set. Everything I have seen or learned about NYC has been from my favorite T.V. shows, movies or the news.


The temps on the streets were freezing but once we stepped over into Central Park the temperature rose drastically. Sarah offered to take the girls ice skating and I am so glad they did because it was Lydia's favorite thing about our entire  trip. They said it was magical skating in such a beautiful and iconic place.  










We said our goodbyes and left them to the skating and Tyson and I took off on adventure number two of the day. We had to go and locate my ONE Hamilton ticket. Tyson had really wanted to get me tickets for Christmas but they were selling at an all time high price. Outrageously high! I didn't think he could pull it off but he did and the night before our day in NYC in found me a ticket, a great deal and we just had to go find it and pick it up before the show. 




The Plaza hotel. 
Tiffany's. 

Trump Towers. 


Rockefeller. 

The Today show behind me. I LOVE Savannah Guthrie. She's my fav!




We stopped for some quick lunch before we found my ticket. Pizza in NYC, a must right?

My ticket was being held on the second floor of a darling gift shop just down the street from Broadway. 

Tyson stood in line with me, it was going quick so we hurried and snapped a few pictures. Oh man did I wish he could come in and experience it with me, but given the ticket prices it was the right thing to do to fly solo on this one. 
This is the stage door the performers use to come and go.

It truly felt unreal to be here. I have always wanted to attend a Broadway show on Broadway and to have Hamilton be my first was crazy exciting! 







My seat was up in a little balcony to the right of the stage so I was looking down on the performers. But it was honestly perfect. Most of the seats we found on-line were on the back row and my seat was next to the 3rd row and I could see the faces and expressions so easily. 
It wasn't a huge theater, I read it only holds about 1,200 but I was still glad to not be on the back row. 
While I was warm, inside and enjoying my show the rest of the gang was off exploring. 
The took a ride on the Statten island ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. 







Then they went to the 9-11 Memorial. Tyson wished there was time to go and experience the Museum but we will have to add that to our list for next time. And they saw a few more things like Time Square.   

Hamilton was AMAZING! I loved every minute of it. My cast was phenomenal and it was fun to hear someone other than the originals. Aaron Burrs's character was my favorite of the day. He played the Donkey in Shrek on Broadway, it used to be on Netflix, I'm not sure if it is anymore. I learn something every time I listen to the soundtrack and this time was no different. I LOVED it! Thank you to Tyson for making this dream come true!
I had time to kill while I waited for my peeps, I went into a restaurant and kept warm and here is a bathroom selfie. I've never done this until now. Ha ha. This is what Sarah was wearing when I found them. #eskimosister  PS. This puffy coat was a life saver, I bought it just for Boston and NYC. I found it at TJ Max. 

We went to see a few more sights in the cold of the night. Oh and I have mention that these two girls were champs, they walked 13 miles that day, in the freezing cold and they didn't complain once! Not once. They kept up, or led the way and I know it will be a day they never forget. 
Sarah had wanted to take us to Stardust for dinner but it was a 2 hour wait just to be seated. And then every restaurant we hit after that had a similar story. NYC was super crowded as people were coming  in for New Years Eve. 





After hearing about the adventures without me I learned that they didn't eat lunch. What? I forget why? They were too busy having fun maybe. Well anyways....have you heard the term Hangry? We had a few hangry people on our hands. It was getting late and we knew we needed to head back to Boston to see the boys, but we also really wanted to eat something yummy in NY and not just stop for nasty fast food on the way home. 








After some more exploring Tyson and Scott found and bought us some street meat, rice, salad....etc with the best white sauce. We went inside the Hilton, found a cozy heater and enjoyed a NYC dinner. Maybe we were just really hungry but it was delicious and a great ending to a pretty fantastic day! 





The end to one of the best days ever!

No comments: